So usually I write with a certain subject matter in mind, but other times I just like to write. Wing it and go with the flow as I tend to with so many things in life!
It’s been a really testing week and it has got to me a bit. Half of it has been just irritating things; my laptop not working being one of the most irritating things going! Took it to the shop to be looked at and they didn’t have time, Husband reckons it’s the internet so I’ve now got the laptop plug into a cable….. it’s like being back in 1997!! But hopefully we’ll get it sorted soon because I am plotting my move to a Self Hosted site. Yes I am finally going to take the plunge. I have read some amazing things about TSO host who can help those of us who are frankly bloody useless with technology so I’m going to be signing up with them and getting transferred. So if I go quiet for a week or so you know why!
Feeling this sort of stress and irritation has reminded me why I started to blog in the first place. I’ve always loved to write; I’ve kept diaries for as long as I can remember. And when I started the blog whilst I was pregnant it really was like keeping an online diary of the pregnancy and how I felt about it. Not only is it lovely to have somewhere to share memories and stories, but the added bonus is I absolutely love to write. I love sharing my crazy life with you all; the real side of motherhood. I will always tell it like it is, because it’s not always happy family days out and cute smiles. It’s also those moments when you are so tired you find your keys in the bread bin (idiot Fi!), it’s the reality of the fact there’s every chance your baby will shit all over you in public (this has indeed happened to me, and one of my poor friends had this experience this week – not ideal). It’s hard, it’s funny and it’s real. So I wanted to start doing regular posts of a diary type style just about our week, how we are doing, the highs and the lows. I want to stay true to myself as a blogger, as a writer and as a Mum and that’s how I’m going to do this. I’ll still do my subject posts but this is going to be an extension of our posts and our crazy life.
So on to this week…
The boy has been on a mission this week; teething, crawling, wanting to be standing ALL THE TIME, babbling. He’s trying to master too many things at once bless him. We’ve been out and about lots this week but it’s been somewhat challenging with him as he now hates to be sat down and does the whole back arching thing. Not at all embarrassing… he picks his moments to do this. We went for tea and cake at the amazing Biddies in Norwich with our lovely NCT friends this week as a treat but the kid refused to sit!! I couldn’t sit him on the floor or in his buggy he just wanted to be held or standing. A very big thank you to the girls for taking pity on me and feeding me cake whilst I dealt with him.
It’s been quite a realisation this week seeing Josh really coming on in leaps and bounds from a developmental point of view; my little baby really is growing so quickly, which is just another reason I am relishing in capturing every moment of him growing. The thing I really can’t wait for is when he starts chatting. I know I shouldn’t wish time away, but I can’t wait for the day he says Mumma and Dadda.
Tiredness has been on form as always this week. I am so glad coffee exists!! Some nights Josh sleeps like a dream and, dare I say it, his second feed is getting later and later thank god. In fact I fed him at 5.50 this morning and he’s gone back down, hence why I am managing to blog at this time of day. I have so many friends whose babies are now sleeping through and I feel so bad that sometimes I am envious of this. I know that he isn’t sleeping through yet because I am still breastfeeding, and that’s my choice, and we are down to one feed a night (I don’t count the dream feed – it makes me feel better saying we are on one feed a night!!!) and none of my NCT friends babies are sleeping through yet, also due to breastfeeding. I see it as give and take and as I’ve decided to continue breastfeeding until Josh is one, that’s the price I have to pay. So pass the coffee……. or the gin….!!!
Highlights of this week:
- Instagram Stories: OMG I am full on obsessed! I already love Instagram, but it’s only been this week I’ve discovered their Stories feature and we’ve been having so much fun with it. It’s a really nice way for me to get a little taster of how we’ll get on with vlogging. Speaking of which…..
- Vlogging Taster Video: So this week I braved it and did a little mini video on my social media channels to see what the response would be in terms of me starting vlogging. I was shitting myself doing it, but I loved it too and I got such a lovely positive response. So I’ve got my first proper vlog planned which I will do this week once I’ve got to grips with hubbys camera!
- Blogging Plans: This week I’ve decided now is the time to go Self Hosted. I’ve done lots of research and must give a huge thanks to some of my lovely blogger friends who have given me lots of advice and pointers on how to get the ball rolling with this. I’ll be looking to use TSO as a host to support me from a technical point of view, and I can’t wait to get started on this.
- Blogging Perks: This bag…… that’s all! How beaut! “What’s in my Changing Bag” post coming this week – keep your eyes peeled.
- Olympics: I’ve really got into the Olympics (the mens diving is a particular favourite of mine…. pervert!!!) and feel so proud of how well Team GB has done. We’re not too bad for a tiny island are we!
- Walks: I have been taking Josh on loads of walks with my friend who lives nearby. I love our walks; the fresh air, the fact we live somewhere so beautiful…. and the fact that fresh air seems to help the boy sleep better!
- Friday Treats: I have always loved that Friday feeling; the end of the working week and a fab reason to treat yourself. Of course in the world of a Stay at Home Mum you lose track of days, to be honest there is no end to the working week. But I make sure every Friday I do get myself a little treat; flowers, cake, bubbles, a cheeky New Look purchase. It’s my way of rewarding myself for getting through another sleep deprived, poo filled week with my munchkin, and doing a pretty good job of it!!! Get those Friday treats in ladies you deserve it.
So that’s our weekly round up for this week. I am feeling so positive at what is yet to come with the blog, not least with attending the MAD Blog Awards as a finalist (still pinching myself about this) in a couple of weeks. I hope you guys will love what is still to come! It’ll be very Fi; unique, a bit out spoken and very positive!
Lots of Love xxx