So Day 18 and today’s challenge is to:
Bullet your Day
So without further ado….
- 7am – up and give the munchkin a feed. Make the first of about 14,000 cups of tea that I’ll make and probably not drink today
- 8am – straighten my hair after going to bed with it wet…. stupid move, I look like Monica in Barbados. Put a washing on; standard!! The level of laundry I do is a joke.
- 8.30 – Baby has a snooze; this is my half hour to shower, get dressed, and slap on some make up! Got this down to a fine art of being done in 20 minutes!
- 9am – Get baby dressed, wait for him to promptly do a massive poo the second he is dressed. He doesn’t disappoint! Scoff breakfast and get us ready to brave a trip to Great Yarmouth….
- 10am – Happy baby snooze in the car. Get to Matalan in Yarmouth (eek) topick up some goodies for Josh. Josh decided this is the ideal time for a feed so I have to park at the back of the car park and feed him in the back seat!!
- 11am – Slightly fear for life in the slightly terrifying Yarmouth Tescos. Pop over to the M&S Foodhall to elevate the mood and buy Friday nights prossecco (everyone does this on a Friday right)
- 12pm – Home; attempt to get boy down for lunchtime nap. Once down, cook lunch as quickly as humanly possible; thank god for Pesto Pasta. Take the chance to check Twitter, Instagram and emails
- 1pm – Go over the road to have a coffee with my new neighbour (I tweeted/facebooked the other day for all your advice on whether I should drop a card through the door introducing myself as a fellow Mummy after seeing her and her baby a few times). Pray she is nice and normal as it’s just dawned on me she’s a total stranger and this could be awkward.
- 2pm – Very glad to say she is a lovely neighbour; very normal and sweet and we bond over sleepless nights and a mutual addiction to buying baby clothes. Beautiful house; immaculate and so tidy it makes me want to go home and clean
- 3pm – Home, tea, baby play time in Jumparoo. He goes pretty crazy in this! Daddy is on overtime at the moment so we are emailing him a photo every day to cheer him up, which we do now. Consider doing housework after being inspired by neighbours immaculate house….. watch Made in Chelsea on catch up instead… fail!
- 4pm – Power nap for baby. I find if he doesn’t have this nap he turns into a demonic monster. Actually do tidy up… less of a fail now.
- **OK So I am actually writing this post at 4pm, so the rest of this is a guess but I’ve no doubt it’ll be pretty accurate**
- 5pm – Play time for baby, let him sit and watch our fish tank; he’s obsessed. Ring my Mum for a catch up
- 6pm – Bath, Massage, Bed for baby. Pray he settles well; he’s usually pretty good but they like to throw a hissy fit out there when you least expect it don’t they
- 7pm – Cook dinner; fishcakes, chunky chips and peas. Trying to be a domesticated goddess but keep getting distracted by Emmerdale
- 7.05 – Crack open the prosecco; don’t judge me, it’s Friday, and despite my enthusiasm it’s more than likely I’ll be in bed within two hours!
- 8pm – Scoff dinner, watch Eastenders and the next episode of Making a Murderer – weirdly addictive.
- 8.30 – Offer hubs a quickie…. keeping the romance alive eh
- 9.15 – Two glasses of prosecco down and my eyes are getting heavy…
- 9.30 – Creep into our room silently like some kind of militant!
I don’t know how the rest of the night will go but I like to imagine a midnight feed, and then sleep till 6am… fingers crossed!
A standard day in our crazy life.
Be back tomorrow with the next challenge
Discuss your views on religion
Have a great Friday x